Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TIB Rough Draft

I am very in tune to my surroundings. When I log into Facebook, instantly I feel like I am looking through a secret window. I can click and find out what people are doing up at any moment. I used to believe that Facebook was stupid, mostly because I didn't know more than like 10 people who used to have one but Facebook came around and I found it to be great.

I didn’t get a phone until my sophomore year of high school and that sucked, because I really couldn’t get a hold of anyone outside of school so I joined Facebook. It was the thing that everyone kept talking about. I didn’t really know what to do with it, because I never had a MySpace and wasn’t into those kind of things. But I got into it so much that I would sit on there for an hour or two updating my information for no reason. I could send a message to someone off Facebook and it would send that exact message to that persons phone and they could reply back quickly so that I wouldn’t have to wait for them to log onto their Facebook to see the message. Ill talk to people on there some times but not everyday of my life like I used to.

The strange thing is, you can be on it for hours and realize that all you’ve done is procrastinate from doing your homework and neglect the real world. Even now, they have your notifications sent to your phone so you are constantly connected. If you don’t have one, consider yourself lucky.

I used to think that Facebook was stupid and a wasted of my time but as time went on, I figured out I couldn't go a day without it. With all these positive qualities, Facebook has taken on a life of it’s own. If I were to cancel my account today, I would feel empty. I would still continue to wake up each morning and try to log into my account. Even if it’s just for a few minutes, it’s a part of my day. I believe that Facebook gives people the opportunity to connect with people they don't see everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment